Job Title: Utility Worker II- SOS Temporary Positions
Job ID: 1517
Location: All Denver Water Locations
Denver Water Job Postings
Utility Worker II- Source of Supply
Hiring Salary Range: $15.52-$19.79/hourly
Denver Water proudly serves high-quality water and promotes its efficient use to 1.3 million people in the city of Denver and many surrounding suburbs. Established in 1918, the utility is a public agency funded by water rates and new tap fees, not taxes. It is Colorado's oldest and largest water utility.
The Source of Supply Section of Denver Water's Operations and Maintenance Division is currently seeking qualified candidates to fill several Utility Worker II positions. The successful candidate will be responsible for the following duties:
* Performs semi-skilled and diverse duties such as digging, lifting, backfilling, mixing and finishing concrete, rock drilling, and blasting. Laying and connecting pipe, road repair, tree cutting, and snow removal.
* Operates, maintains, and lubricates a variety of equipment such as pavement breakers, tampers, tractor-mowers, loaders, jackhammer, and rock drilling and blasting equipment
* Operates equipment such as utility trucks, dump trucks, and other equipment
* Ensures the unrestricted flow of water in canals and ditches, maintain satisfactory relationships with users of irrigation water and adjacent landowners
* Assists employees of higher crafts or skills; keep tools, equipment, and work area in a clean orderly condition
Qualifications for this position:
Education: Graduation from high school or equivalent education.
Experience: Two years' experience in construction work
Other Requirements: Must possess and maintain a Class ‘R' Colorado Driver's License and have a satisfactory driving record on the date of appointment.
All employment offers are contingent on the successful completion of a post-offer physical, which includes drug and alcohol testing. A background check will be conducted to verify information submitted on application.
Candidates must submit a completed Denver Water application in order to be considered. Applications will be accepted until April 5th. Apply online by visiting www.denverwater.org/careers.
1600 W. 12th Ave.
Denver, CO 80204-3412
There are no jobs currently listed.